måndag 31 oktober 2011

Spinning Shetland again

The gorgeous fleece I bought at Jamieson & Smith in Shetland last year, I wonder if I'll ever get it spun? I have combed it on my finest dog comb, spun a few sample skeins, I've tried a light spindle and my wheel... Now I've started again. This time I comb the already combed locks on Gammeldags' mini two pitch wool combs, and the result is amazing.

This is Oliver Henry showing Shetland fleece at J&S:

This is what I did last year: my fleece last year

And this is what I'm doing to my fleece now, combing the once combed fibers again:
Spinning suddenly became very easy :)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Oh, that top looks like liquid! So lovely!

    SvaraRadera
  2. beautiful prepping! Glad I'm not the only person with lots of shetland to process...

    SvaraRadera