torsdag 17 maj 2012

Spinning with children

Yesterday I spun at the crafts village Stundars just outside Vasa (Vaasa in Finnish): Stundars. We where 29 craft persons and about 200 school children having fun together. I spun on Louet Victoria, my "Peerie":

According to the rules of the museum I should spin on one of Stundars' old wheels, only my right ancle won't take that any more, so I may use Peerie. But my apron from Woolfest 2011 isn't quite accepted...

I shared a small cottage with two others. A lady knitting and crocheting the awesome Korsnäs sweater, purses, hats and mittens:


And her brother in law making beautiful things from birch bark:

My pupils made yarn with twisty sticks:

Someone had showed them how to make rope:

It was so fun! We where served coffee and the famous "grisar", a kind of donut in the shape of a pig with jam inside it. And after working for three hours it was time for the standard lunch for crafters, sausages and potato salad. Yummy!

1 kommentar:

  1. Aren't you lucky to have such a wealth of talented crafters (including yourself) so nearby :-)
    I am going to enjoy close-ups of all your pictures!!

    SvaraRadera