torsdag 11 oktober 2012

Alpaca



I spun this alpaca-camel-silk yarn last year. For a long time I didn't know what to make from it, then I thought a very simple pattern would suit the yarn best. The result pleases me very much. It's a strong, soft, floating fabric, lays steady on my shoulders. Anna, a spinner from Sweden, sent me the alpaca for no reason at all. She had washed the raw fibers keeping the fibers in order, so I combed them and spun worsted. I bought a baby camel/silk top from Wingham Wool Work for the second thread. The pattern is Melon Stitch from Sowerby's Victorian Lace Today.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Very beautiful!! I love the patterns in that book. I must buy it someday :-)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Just stunning ! Very inspiring.
    You do such beautiful work.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Faktiskt vackert mönster. Jag är inte så "spetsig" av mig, men den sjalen skulle vara kul att bära :) Duktiga du!

    SvaraRadera