torsdag 21 mars 2013

St Kilda shawl

My little shawl is finished. I think I like it.




I used an Old Shell pattern from Sharon Miller's Shetland Hap Shawl, and a Celtic Knot from A Gathering of Lace. I added a few rows of a dark brown and a light brown handspun North Ronaldsay yarn I found in my stash, and also a few rows of a handspun dark brownish gray Shetland yarn.

After publishing the first version of this post I found I need to add: the yarns I used are the two St Kilda from Blacker Yarns that I showed in an earlier post: Roots.

Some Boreray sheep at Woolfest 2011:


3 kommentarer:

  1. What a beautiful handspun shawl Barbro! I need to get started on my Hap shawl one of these days.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks, but there are only a few rows of handspun. I used the two yarns from Blacker Yarns I showed in an earlier post, the St Kilda yarn. I need to make that clearer in my post.

      Radera
  2. Your shawl is lovely! The colors and pattern all work together beautifully. The addition of light and dark is a wonderful way to remember the coloring of the sheep as well as being an effective design element. Well done!

    SvaraRadera